Due to the large volume of occupants in professional offices, employees, vendors and visitors are vulnerable to a wide variety of diseases and pathogenic exposures, not only during flu season, but year-round. The best way to combat the spread of diseases in these shared spaces is to partner with RJM NanoTech to provide a safer environment, based on the latest antimicrobial nanotechnology available. Our Zetrisil® based, My-shield® products have faster kill times, higher kill rates and require zero dwell time to be effective. They offer a safe, non-toxic, non-chemical dependent kill mechanism, which lasts continuously for up to 28 days with one application.
Our My-Shield® products put a positively charged layer of nanoparticles on surfaces and provide an electro-mechanical kill. These positively charged surfaces act like magnets, attracting negatively charged viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew. The positively charged nanoparticles destroy the pathogens by puncturing/rupturing their membranes with microscopic spikes and through the difference in electrical charge. Our My-Shield® sanitizing/disinfecting/cleaning products, with Zetrisil®, have the same toxicity rating as sugar and tap water. This technology does not contribute to the emergence of mutant and/or antibiotic resistant strains.
Professional offices should be a source of memorable work experiences; not germ-ridden offices and exposure to disease and illness. Up until January 2020, your professional office cleaning checklist was pretty standard. Sweep and mop the floors, change the trash bags, and give the door handles and light switches a few extra wipe downs during cold and flu season. That checklist has changed drastically for the foreseeable future as we now focus on proactive measures against COVID19, SARS, MRSA, influenza and other potentially deadly outbreaks in the future. Consider the economic and social ramifications of being shutdown and not being able to stay open and operate. In preparation for future, potentially more serious outbreaks, you want to be able to prove to any decision making authority that you are providing the safest environment achievable for employees, vendors and visitors; that there is no justifiable reason to shut you down.
The very first thing to go over is the difference between cleaning and disinfecting. Cleaning does not kill germs. Disinfecting, however, does kill viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew.
Our Comprehensive Pathogen Protection Program [CPPP] is a protocol designed to create overlapping layers of protection from exposure to viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew. There are three layers. They are
- Working space; and
- Outside threats
These layers or zones of protection are created to significantly minimize risks of exposure and take into account the Means of Transmission for most pathogens. Review the Pathogen Safety Data Guide provided by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences for more information on pathogen exposure and risk assessment. Wherever possible, use products with Zetrisil® for longer duration kill, higher kill rates, faster kill rates, zero dwell time requirements and safe, non toxic experiences against a broad spectrum of viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew.
Level 1: Personal/Individual Zone of Safety.
Your primary objective with Level 1 protocols is to protect your employees from infection, disease and exposure to viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew. There are plenty of ways to do this, some of which are very simple. To protect yourself and your team from the coronavirus, colds, flu and other diseases caused by viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew – implement these steps:
- Wash your hands regularly with My-Shield® Soap and warm water. Scrub for at least 20 seconds, making sure to clean each of your fingers and the back of your hands.
- Use My-Shield® Hand Sanitizer and/or My-Shield® Personal Hygiene Wipes to enjoy up to 4 hours of continuous protection after one application. Alcohol offers no protection after it dries.
- Don’t share cups or drinks with other people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose to prevent infection in case the virus is on your hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Use My-shield® Topical Antiseptic to kill germs faster and promote significantly quicker healing of skin wounds.
- Apply My-Shield® Body Spray to your clothing and any 3-ply mask, N95 mask or other face covering you may be using to continuously kill viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew you may come in contact with.
- Use the My-shield® Laundry Additive as a replacement for your current fabric softener to provide your clothing and uniforms with up to 60 days of protection against exposure to pathogens.
- Employees should be encouraged to stay at home if they are sick.
- Seek medical attention if you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
Level 2: Working Space Zone of Safety.
Your primary objective with Level 2 protocols is to sanitize and disinfect your workspace environment to prevent the opportunity for viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew to colonize on porous and nonporous surfaces that surround you. These protocols will minimize the risk of transmission when touching porous and nonporous surfaces, by preventing pathogens from colonizing in the first place. An ATP Meter may be beneficial in determining the extent of contamination both before and after sanitizing and disinfecting.
- On a monthly basis, electrostatically spray all interior spaces, including offices, conference rooms. breakrooms, hallways, cafeterias, kitchens, and bathrooms with My-Shield® Sanitizer/Disinfectant to thoroughly treat all surfaces; even hard-to-reach areas.
- Install no-touch, automatic hand sanitizer and wipes dispensers near breakrooms and communal areas.
- Apply My-shield® Sanitizer/Disinfectant to high-touch surfaces as part of normal housekeeping protocols with a trigger spray and/or surface wipes. My-shield® Sanitizer/Disinfectant is an excellent cleaner and should be used to replace the traditional cleaners you are currently using.
- Install an air purifier. There are many Types of Air Purifiers.
- Treat filters associated with air purifiers with My-Shield® Sanitizer/Disinfectant.
- Electrostatically spray My-Shield® Sanitizer/Disinfectant into the air intake of central air systems to line the interior HVAC ductwork.
The following list presents some key areas of consideration as high-touch surfaces that you can apply My-shield® Sanitizer/Disinfectant to, as part of normal housekeeping protocols, with a trigger spray or surface wipes.
- Playground equipment
- – Swings
- – Climbing structures
- – Ladders
- – Toys
- Benches and chairs
- Doorbells, buzzers, and intercom buttons
- Door handles
Throughout The School:
- Light switches and switch plates
In The Halls:
- Door handles
- Water fountains
- Elevator buttons
In the classroom and offices:
- Desktops and in-desk storage
- Classroom books
- Class equipment (microscopes, globes, pencil sharpeners, etc.)
- Administrative equipment (copier buttons, fax machines, etc.)
- Storage spaces (cubes, coat racks, etc.)
- Door, closet, and cupboard handles
- Waste and recycling bins
- Public Address systems
- Shared binders (late sign in, sign out, etc.)
- Napkin dispensers
- Vending machine buttons
- Microwave handles and buttons
- Refrigerator and freezer door handles
- Waste and recycling bins
- Doorknobs and handles
- Faucet handles
- Paper towel dispenser handles
- Hand dryer buttons
- Soap dispenser buttons
- Toilet paper dispensers
- Sanitary napkin dispensers
- Toilet flush handles
- Toilet doors, door handles, and locks
- Locker rooms
- – Locker handles
- – Benches
- – Door handles
- Wrestling mats
- Shared sports equipment (balls, shotputs, etc.)
- Pool equipment (flotation devices)
Auditoriums and Gyms:
- Scoreboard buttons
- PA equipment
Level 3: Zone of Safety From Outside Threats.
Your primary objective with Level 3 protocols is to protect your employees from the unknown risk of transmission of viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew from vendors, visitors and other people around you that are not subject to your pathogen protection protocols. Through Level 1 and Level 2 protocols, you have done everything you can to protect your employees and your environment from viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew. However, you have no idea what steps your visitors, vendors, and others have taken to protect themselves or what recent exposures they have had. Level 3 protocols will enable you to assess and control the risk of transmission from unknown entrants into your safety zone. Wherever possible, use My-shield® products with Zetrisil® for longer duration kill, higher kill rates, faster kill rates and safe, non toxic experiences with zero dwell time required for effectiveness.
- Put My-Shield® Hand Sanitizer and/or My-Shield® Personal Hygiene Wipes near your home entrances and ask visitors to use them prior to entering your home. This will immediately kill transmissible pathogens your visitor may have and provide you up to 4 hours of continuous protection after one application. Alcohol offers no protection after it dries.
- Apply My-Shield® Body Spray to your visitors’ clothing and to any 3-ply mask, N95 mask or other face covering they may be wearing to immediately kill transmissible pathogens your visitor may have and provide you up to 4 hours of continuous protection after one application .
We Can Also Provide Personal Protection Equipment for Known Contaminated Areas (Isolation Gowns, Masks, Gloves, Goggles, Etc.)
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) requirements will change for known infection exposure concerns in contaminated areas, based on the particular virus or bacteria that is present. One of the most critical aspects of using PPE is making sure everyone knows how to correctly put on and remove the equipment. No matter how good, or expensive your PPE is, if you don’t use it correctly, it is ineffective.
In cases of existing coronavirus contamination, the minimum PPE guidance is for:
- An “N-95 respirator or a higher level of respiratory protection such as a powered air-purifying respirator”
- Eye protection
- Disposable gown and shoe covers
Contact us for product pricing based on commercial volumes. It is important to note that, through relationships, we have direct access to international & domestic factories and allocation holders. Let us know what your requirements are to source products not listed in the store.